Crime Victims – U-Visa and VAWA

Since 2000, people who have been victims of domestic abuse as well as certain other crimes can seek protection from immigration when law enforcement verifies that a crime has taken place.  Family members can be included in this type of application.

Our office assists with obtaining certification from law enforcement for a U visa (I-981B) and requesting the U visa from immigration.  The U visa path is a long one – it can be 4 or more years before permanent residence is achieved.   Many U visa applicants have a complicated criminal or immigration history which would block most visa applications, but not the U visa process.

Status under VAWA or the Violence Against Women Act may be requested when an immigrant can show domestic or other abuse by a U.S. citizen spouse.  We can help determine if this path is for you.

Our practice areas

What Our Clients Say

Call to Schedule a Consultation

(360) 357-7087

Call us Monday-Friday, 9:00am-5:00pm

Email Us

Available 24/7

Visit Our Office

626 NW Columbia St., Suite 1-A Olympia, WA 98501 U.S.A.

© Seifert Law Offices 2017. All rights reserved.