Crime Victims – U-Visa and VAWA

Services crime
Since 2000, people who have been victims of domestic abuse as well as certain other crimes can seek protection from immigration when law enforcement verifies that a crime has taken place.  Family members can be included in this type of application.
Our office assists with obtaining certification from law enforcement for a U visa (I-981B) and requesting the U visa from immigration.  The U visa path is a long one – it can be 4 or more years before permanent residence is achieved.   Many U visa applicants have a complicated criminal or immigration history which would block most visa applications, but not the U visa process.
Status under VAWA or the Violence Against Women Act may be requested when an immigrant can show domestic or other abuse by a U.S. citizen spouse.  We can help determine if this path is for you.
Canvas (2)